To those of you who are glad Bush is out of office I can respect that. Our times lately have been bad and no prosperity in sight. I feel the crunch of the economic times, the cries of the soldiers in far away lands and the uncertainty of the new era and yet, still have hope because our Lord and Saviour is in control.
Please know this...Respect is a virute that is commendable. One should respect each other and our leaders. I know that times have been bad when Bush was in office, also some are concerned about how Obama will lead this country. For whatever your choice was on November 4th, for whatever your feelings were yesterday, and for whatever you may feel in the future; please be respectful. George W. Bush was the leader of this country. That deserves respect. We don't know all of the details that forshadowed his decisions. We don't know every aspect of his job and how hard it must have been. I mean the man is very "old" looking...that should say how he must not have slept much in 8 years. On the other hand, Barack Obama is our current president. HE deserves respect as well. He is the leader of our country...taking on all of the things that made Bush so "old looking." I know there are many of you who disagree with one or both of these men, which is your right. One thing I want you to hold dear is that even though we have the right to our opinion, it should be given with respect, not hostility. Changing words to suit your opinions and or blocking out a circumstance because you don't like one of these men is wrong. Jesus told us to respect our leaders. We should follow the path of our saviour and pray for them in love. My pastor is frequently telling us to "Love God, Love People." To me this means everyone and showing respect is just one way of loving, not agreeing.
Haiti, summer And surprises
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment